The Best Keto Magic Bars

--Letakan kode unit adsense hasil parse disini--
These Keto Magic Bars really live up to their name and no...it�s not an illusion. Yes they are "keto", yes they are delicious and yes they will disappear without a trace! Now if I could only figure out a way to pull them out of a hat I could have an interactive magic show/restaurant in Vegas (note to self: that�s actually not a bad idea, I�ll have to get my hands on a copy of Magic for Dummies). And my stage name could be, wait for it... Food-dini.

This is a recipe I�ve wanted to do for a long time, but until recently every attempt I had made to make them, the end product just didn�t meet my expectations. Then the keto gods smiled upon us and we were blessed with a erythritol brown sugar substitute. I knew immediately when I saw the bag I had to buy it, and I soon as I opened and smelled it I knew I had to make magic bars.

To make the sweetened condensed milk substitute for these bad boys I basically made a caramel sauce with the Swerve Brown Sugar. Talk about delicious.


You�ll Need:

Crust:

  • 1 cup almond flour (we use Bob's Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Condensed Milk:

  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sugar (you can also use any granulated erythritol)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt

Top Layer Fillings:

  • 9 oz bag Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 cup pecan pieces


Instructions:

For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 300� F.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the crust ingredients until a ball of dough forms. Press the dough into a 8 inch cast iron skillet. Poke a few small holes in the crust with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
For the condensed milk:
1. place all ingredients in a tall sided pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling continue to boil for 5 minutes stirring frequently. After 5 minutes it should have reached the consistency of condensed milk or a thick caramel sauce. Set aside to cool.
To assemble:
1. Place the pecan pieces, coconut, and chocolate chips on top of the curst. Pour over the condensed milk (see note below recipe) and return to oven for 5-7 minutes.
2. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes before cutting into bars.

NOTES:

  • Some folks have mentioned that their sauce just sits on top like a crust. If this happens your �condensed milk� probably cooked just a little too long. No worries though, just mix the sauce into the toppings a bit before placing back in the oven so that everything mixes together.

Related Posts

Post a Comment